In Cooperation With
CareSpan USA, Inc. Establishes a Screening-and-Response Program Delivered by American Advanced Practice Network Nurse Practitioners
Note, this is a Screening program. If testing is required patients are provided further instructions from their clinician.
The S&R Program is for patients who believe they may have been exposed to the coronavirus or who may have symptoms of COVID-19. Clinically qualified, licensed nurses under the supervision of American-APN Nurse Practitioners execute the screening-and-response process using CareSpan’s cloud-based integrated digital care platform.
The CareSpan platform’s unique attributes allows screening-and-response while minimizing disease exposure:
- Concerned individuals may access the S&R Program from any place having an Internet connection, including at home or while traveling.
- No exposure to others or by others occurs during initial screening-and-response.
- A record is established for each participant.
- Clinical recommendations are immediately forthcoming.
- Educational materials and suggestions for home care, if indicated, are provided.
- Testing referrals and clinic or hospital referrals can be arranged, if indicated.
- Follow-up visits with clinical personnel are available when and as needed.
- Uniform data acquisition allows analytics and population health reporting.
- HIPAA compliance guarantees security, privacy and confidentiality of all communications and record-keeping.
If the clinician determines, after screening, that testing is required, the patient is referred to a testing site nearby.
Scheduling and Cost:
Patients are directed to schedule a remote screening for COVID-19 by an American-APN member Nurse Practitioner.
There is a nominal charge for the Screening payable via credit card at the time of service.
If a patient requires additional treatment by the Nurse Practitioner, American-APN members accept many insurance plans as well as credit card payments.
For more information on American-APN go to http://www.americanapn.com/video
For more information on CareSpan go to http://www.americanapn.com/carespan-video